- Created on 07 March 2012
Helps Families Stay in Touch and Track Whereabouts Across Personal Safety Zones
BlueSprig™, the fresh alternative to software, today announced the launch ofAirCover, a new personal security app and location tool for iOS and Android devices. AirCover protects users from loss, theft, viruses, malware and other threats to mobile devices, while ensuring the safety of family and other loved ones via GPS tracking, user check-ins and emergency alerts. The app is available for free download from the iTunes App Store and Android Market.
"Smartphones have become integral tools to everyday life, allowing people to go new places and do new things while staying closely connected with family and friends," said Jason Johnson, CEO of BlueSprig. "AirCover is a powerful personal security app that helps you protect all the important information you have on your phone while giving you the peace of mind that loved ones are safe as well."
AirCover features include:
- Family Safety – helps locate and confirm the safety of others with GPS tracking; issues emergency alerts when someone needs help; and notifies when a user moves beyond a pre-defined area.
- Battery Doctor – helps monitor and maximize device battery life with real-time visualization and metering tools.
- Cloud Backup – provides backup, access and restore of contacts and photos in the event of a lost or damaged device.
- Device Found – tracks down a lost device from any PC or smartphone and activates an alarm; includes customizable instructions for a safe return, or the ability to remotely wipe a device to protect it from unauthorized access.
- Mobile Anti-Virus (Android only) – provides real-time protection from malware attacks when downloading a new app or unknown file.
- Privacy Protection (Android only) – shows you which apps can access your personal data and lets you set individual access controls.
- System Optimization (Android only) – offers system tweak tools such as cache clean, memory release, task kill, and others, and provides full system information.
AirCover can also track users across iOS and Android mobile platforms for the ultimate personal safety and convenience. The app is compatible with iPhone, iPod Touch and iPad with versions iOS 4.0 or later, and Android versions 2.1 and above.
To celebrate the launch of AirCover, attendees of SXSW Interactive are invited to attend the Do512 & AirCover Epic Interactive Party at The Belmont on Friday, March 9th, 7pm to 1am. To RSVP, click here.
BlueSprig puts the 'personal' back in personal computing. With powerful, lightweight, easy-to-use utility apps, BlueSprig is the fresh alternative to software, at home or on the go – your one-stop shop for security, privacy, performance and efficiency. Led by successful entrepreneurs in Silicon Valley and China, BlueSprig has offices in San Francisco and Chengdu, China. For more information, visit: www.bluesprig.com.