- Created on 12 September 2012
Continual changes on the malware scene require the ability to adapt and provide a fast and especially flexible response. Our team at Emsisoft do our utmost to constantly protect your PC using the finest technologies available. We believe that fundamental changes are sometimes neccessary in continuing to defend our first-class position. Therefore Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0 introduces a completely new second scan engine which in addition to an even greater detection rate and less false positives, also boasts improvements to the performance of our real-time protection.
The most important improvements in Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0:
- Completely new second scan engine(B) with even more efficient scans and greater detection rate.
- Significantly less false alerts as they were usually caused by the former second scan engine.
- Improved first scan engine (A) now runs faster than ever.
- Significantly better real-time protection performance. The active guard does not slow down your computer.
- Optimized malware cleaning to be able to restore registry entries that were affected by malware.
- Improved surf protection with a brand new and more frequently updated database.
- Faster online updates via smaller differential downloads. This means hourly updates are ready for use without delay.
For experienced users: Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0 is available to test today
Our development team has just given the green light for a public beta version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0 to go ahead. If Emsisoft Anti-Malware is already installed on your computer, activate beta updates via Configuration -> Update Settings -> Use beta updates and run an update.
The final version of Emsisoft Anti-Malware 7.0 will be published as soon as we are confident of its stability. Therefore we are not able to disclose a fixed release date at this time.
For all customers with a valid license, the new public beta version is free of charge as usual via the regular online updates. When the final version is released, you will not need to take any further action to update.