- Created on 10 March 2009
Award-Winning Software Empowers Users with Avatar Actor Puppeteering for Professional Real-Time Production and Previsualization
Northampton, UK, August 14th, 2008- Reallusion, Inc., a pioneer in advancing 3D animation and facial imaging technology, today announced the launch of iClone 3.0, the latest release of their popular and critically acclaimed animated filmmaking software. This new version answers the call for lightspeed previz creation and professional Machinima production.
Rising to popularity among gamers turned filmmakers, creating movies with virtual worlds, and MMORPGs like Second Life, World of Warcraft and Half-Life 2, iClone 3.0 blends the interactive control of videogames with sophisticated filmmaking tools to serve up an animation powerhouse for filmmakers who need to tell their stories without the hassle of months creating 3D models or the need for a roomful of animators.
iClone 3.0 delivers animation footage quickly and cost-effectively, which is why Machinima filmmakers and their one-person studios rally around its "Play-to-Create" mantra. Among more sophisticated users, the application has also become indispensable to seasoned pros, educational institutions and filmmakers in search of a reasonable cost and robust alternative.
"Using a major application for pre-visualization is like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. The answer to this problem is software like iClone; these real-time engines are based on the same graphics technology familiar to game players." Commented Alan Marques, Instructor, London Film Academy and Member, Visual Effects Society (Credits include "GoldenEye"/Werner Herzog's "Invincible")
In addition, iClone 3.0 sets a new standard for dynamic directing in real-time filmmaking. A dual-engine environment separates Directing and Editing into two modes allowing users to wear different hats during their production.
In Editing Mode, users set the stage with 3D actors, record or import voices for automatic lip-sync and facial animation, select and edit props, add rich scenery and atmosphere with special FX, select and edit actor motion with IK/FK, and frame their shots with multiple fixed and animated cameras. All Editing Mode elements are controlled with precision across the non-linear Timeline Tracks.
In Director Mode, control is redefined with the blend of videogame interaction and live vehicle and avatar puppeteering recording. Actors come to life with assignable personas to determine the type of puppet motion performance they will portray when the cameras roll. As the scene action plays users puppet their actors through the scene with videogame-like keyboard movement, mouse-look or with a gamepad for the ultimate Play-to-Create experience.
- Two Production Modes: Editor Mode and Director Mode. Use Editor Mode to Create your scene and define your actors and Director Mode to command how your Actors and iProps move (just like playing a videogame) Further, use the Editor Mode to do fine-tune editing and export your footage.
- Right-Click Menu System: Each type of object has its own list of actions and tools, just right-click to bring up the object menu and your options for editing & interactivity are there. The Right-click system keeps you from having to search everywhere around the user interface for the right tool.
- DramaScript: An action script that allows users to define custom interactivity. DramaScript is data used to associate a hotkey and right-click menu operation to control live actor movement, movement on the terrain, how your sit on a chair, or drive a car, even ignite an explosion, etc.
- Tab Track Editing: Record what you play, and rerecord what you don't like. You will find the yellow highlighted action segments when you tab or reverse tab the playbar. The segments in the play bar correspond to the active selected object or actor. Tab Track Editing helps you to easily jump to a motion editing point, delete old or record new motion and do it all from the main play bar.
- Multi-Actor Timeline Editing for PRO users: Forget Ctrl+F7, now you can easily drag and drop your actor into the normal maps with the iClone 3 actor templates allow you to create actors with wrinkles or better body definition and muscle tone.
- Pre-Viz: Storyboarding inside iClone puts stories in motion, producing more than stills to convey the imagination of the storyteller. The combined flexibility and efficiency with compatibility with industry standard 3D development tools allow iClone to be a killer app inside any studio.
- Import Models & Motion: iClone can import models and motion from 3D Studio Max, Character Studio, Zbrush, Poser, DAZ Studio, Google SketchUp and 3D Warehouse, or popular model libraries like TurboSquid and Renderosity. Supporting file formats for import include: 3DS, OBJ, SKP and BVH.
To accommodate the application needs and budget requirements of a broad range of users, Reallusion offers two versions of iClone 3.0-all are Windows® XP and VistaTM compatible:
+ iClone 3.0 Standard is your tool for creating simple, fun and entertaining 3D animations, complete with such features as, multi-actor editing which allows you to drag and drop your actor right into a scene, simplified sequence editing, enhanced motion editing, 3D object manipulation, multi-camera manipulation, enhanced lighting, multiple production modes, and more, all complete with HD-sized video and Flash video output to multiple platforms. Available for £54.99 (VAT exclusive)
+ iClone 3.0 PRO is the ultimate edition of iClone, intended for those who are serious about productivity and quality output. Its exclusive features include advanced timeline editors to fine tune all movie elements with precise timing, speed, parameter change and loop control. iClone 3 actors can converse with the multiple actor facial animation and lip-synch tracks for sophisticated dialog management. The actor motion-building system layers poses with motion clips, and provides smooth blending results for fluid actor animation. The more advanced DramaScript capability combines export animation segments with a set of directions to build custom interactive 3D content. Available for £119.99 (VAT exclusive)
There is also a free trial available - iClone 3.0 Experience (EX). This includes the full PRO features for 30 days and unlimited features of iClone Standard with no expiration. iClone 3.0 EX contains everything necessary to learn the rich features of the PRO edition, but output is watermarked with the iClone logo and limited to 320x240 size ratio.
Download versions of iClone 3.0 are available from the Reallusion Online Store at www.reallusion.com and box editions will be available from September onwards in Amazon.co.uk and PC World. iClone3 Standard box version is available for £54.99 and PRO edition for £119.99. Both VAT exclusive and including the add-on value of iClone 3DXchange 2 (product value at £35.99).
Business site licenses, with prices based on volume requirements, and educational discounts are available directly from www.reallusion.com. Free trials and upgrades are also available at the Reallusion website. To sample some of the work created using iClone, visit: www.reallusion.tv
About Reallusion, Inc.
Headquartered in Silicon Valley, Reallusion is a leading-edge software developer providing Hollywood-like 3D cinematic animation tools for PC and mobile platforms. Reallusion's pioneering storytelling technology excelling at character animation, facial morphing and voice lip-sync allows fast creation of interactive avatars for 3D real-time filmmaking and previsualization for professional post-production. Their powerful yet easy-to-use tools make character animation accessible to PC users of all skill levels.
Reallusion's development of core technologies and growing base of intellectual property firmly establish the company as power among emerging technology innovators, furthering their graphic and imaging embedded kernels to top-brand device manufacturers worldwide.