- Created on 12 April 2011
Collins Russian-English Dictionaries Now Available for Android, iOS and Java ME Smartphones, Tablets, Mac and Windows PCs
London Book Fair 2011: Discover Russia with the 2011 Market Focus
Paragon Software Group, a leading software developer for mobile devices and desktop computers, and Collins Language, the leading language learning and dictionary publisher, announce the immediate availability of Collins Gem Russian Dictionary, Collins Russian Pocket Dictionary and Collins Russian Dictionary for Android, iOS, and Java ME smartphones, tablets, Mac OS X and Microsoft Windows 7/Vista/XP PCs. Leveraging the publisher’s long history and expertise in dictionary production with Paragon’s 15-year experience in producing leading software for mobile devices and PCs, the three bilingual Russian-English multifunctional ‘talking’ dictionaries are part of a licensing partnership to bring Collins reference materials to all types of mobile computing platforms. The applications will be available to demo at the London Book Fair, Stand Y750 in the Digital Zone.
Developed with high-quality lexical databases from the world's leading publishers, Paragon Software Group dictionaries contain the widest range of meanings, phrases and idioms available for every social, professional or academic situation. The applications are powered by Paragon’s proprietary Slovoed compression engine, which compacts lengthy dictionary content and requires minimal device memory storage space, enabling an entire host of learning tools and features to be available anytime, anywhere. Paragon dictionaries contain the most current vocabulary with built-in live voice pronunciations by native speakers to improve pronunciation, and provide the most detailed and reliable reference and translation sources available on the market. With the fastest translation in both directions and loaded with information on grammar and spelling variations, Paragon dictionaries combine the reliability of well-known paper-edition content from the world’s leading publishers with the portability of mobile computing.
Collins Russian dictionary features include:
· Morphology module, which helps users look up words in any grammatical form to assist in regular and irregular verb conjugation, and uses of irregular plurals.
· Easily accessible definitions, even when word includes prefixes or suffixes
· Audio pronunciations recorded by native speakers.
· Flash Card Quiz, which helps users learn vocabulary effectively.
· Wildcard Search to assist when user is unsure of exact word spelling. Use "?" and "*" symbols to replace the missing letters.
· Similarly spelled words listed in case of misspelling.
· Hyperlinks between articles and directions.
· Search History for the last 100 entries.
· No on-going Internet connection required: simply download the dictionary once and use it on your device without any additional wi-fi expense or availability issues.
Availability:Collins Russian dictionaries are available for 9.99-24.99 USD (5.99-14.99 GBP) via download from the iTunes, Android market or http://www.penreader.com.