- Created on 31 August 2011
The new version of IObit's Game Booster has been launched with a sleeker interface, new features and improvements in order to optimize computer performance for game-play, even on an older PC. With single-click simplicity, Game Booster 3 offers a smoother, more responsive gaming experience.
First launched in 2009, IObit's Game Booster has been used by millions of gamers in order to improve their overall game-play experience, by boosting their PC's performance to obtain maximum results. Game Booster helps to achieve the performance edge by temporarily shutting down background processes, improving processor output and cleaning RAM. It does not "overclock" the system, nor does it interfere with any hardware or system settings.
Game Booster is free, downloadable software that acts as a "switch", putting a PC into gaming performance mode with a single click. As soon as a gaming session comes to an end, users can restore their PC back to normal mode, again, with a single mouse click. Game Booster effortlessly carries out a number of performance tweaks that are usually only undertaken by gamers with high-spec, technical knowledge and abilities.
The release of Game Booster 3 sees a number of improvements and added features, together with a sleeker user interface and availability in 13 languages.
New features in Game Booster 3 include:
- New "Diagnose" function to identify and report on key system and game parameters, highlighting any weaknesses that can affect the gaming experience.
- Redesign of the "GameBox" functionality to automatically show the games on the computer. Additional games can be added with one click.
- A new, easier to use UI.
- Added "Game Desktop"; if games are run via "GameBox", the desktop and taskbar are hidden.
- Enhanced detection feature. Game Booster 3 is now able to detect the games on Steam.
- Optimized "Boost" module, with added "user vote" features
- New "Boost" features. The user is able to edit their own blacklist and whitelist.
- Enhanced set of tools to tweak and defrag the PC, as well as identifying and updating out-of-date drivers
- Access to forums via the UI.
- 13 language options (Arabic, Chinese, Czech, Danish, English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Persian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish).
Penny Duan, IObit's Director of Business Development said, "Game Booster 3 has cool new features, some of which were suggested by users, and these will make the overall gaming experience better than ever. The software will concentrate most of the PC's resources on the game you're playing, making play faster and much more efficient. Once the game's over, it's simple to revert the PC back to normal. With availability in 13 languages, more gamers can take advantage of this tool".
Game Booster 3 is compatible with PunkBuster, Cheating-Death, VAC and other anti-cheat software.
For more information and to download Game Booster 3 visit http://www.iobit.com/gamebooster.html
System Requirements: Microsoft® Windows XP/2003/2008/Vista/Windows7, both 32 and 64-bit.
File size: 3.88 MB
Founded in 2004 by two creative and enthusiastic programmers, IObit is focused on providing consumers with innovative system utilities and protection software for superior PC performance and security. Today, we are a recognized industry leader with 100+ awards and 130 million downloads and happy users worldwide