- Created on 19 September 2011
After a long testing period we are pleased to present the latest version of our Emsisoft Online Armor Firewall. Massively improved protection, better usability, stability and compatibility, and great new features are good reasons why you should have a closer look at Emsisoft Online Armor 5.1.
A Firewall should be as invisible as possible. This type of software protection has the job of only permitting previously authorized programs access to the network and Internet. Unfortunately, this means that users must manually approve each individual program that is allowed access. This has now changed.
Emsisoft Online Armor 5.1 uses a new certificate-based evaluation system for safe programs. This means that Online Armor is now capable of deciding which applications should or shouldn't be permitted access and can make these decisions automatically. This results in a great reduction in the number of alert messages and irritating queries the user receives.
The main changes in Emsisoft Online Armor 5.1
- Improved Firewall protection: Once again significant improvements have been made so that Online Armor continues to provide perfect protection for your Windows computer. This update offers improved detection of the dangerous Sinowal Rootkit and other current threats.
- Simplified operation: Many user suggestions for making the Firewall easier to use have now been implemented.
- Better compatibility: The code of Online Armor was reviewed to make it even more stable. Compatibility with other software protection has also been improved.
- New Online Malware Scan: Unknown files can now be checked using the new "Scan Online" feature. This function can be accessed directly from the Program's list in Online Armor, by right-clicking on the file to be checked.
- Automatic updates now available in the Freeware version: Users of the Freeware version can also take advantage of automatic updates. This is a major enhancement as the blacklists and whitelists are updated on a daily basis.
Try Online Armor 5.1 now without any cost
If you already have Online Armor Premium or ++ installed, run an online update to get the latest version automatically. Online Armor Free users please download the latest setup and choose the upgrade option on installation. As usual, the update is of course free of charge for all customers with a valid Online Armor license.